Monday, May 2, 2011

Pathology report-post op visit

We just returned from the post-surgical appointment.  Good news!  The tumor is stage one. The lymph nodes were still clear after additional analysis.  All of the margins are clear (which means they can be confident they got all of the tumor cells).  The doctor said "this is good news, like go-out-to-dinner-and-celebrate kind of good news". 

There are still a couple of question marks--the genetic testing on the tumor and the genetic testing for me.  Those will take a little bit of time.  Either of these could change the course of treatment, but as it stands right now, we have radiation and hormone suppression drugs ahead of us.

So, I am trying to get back to "myself" a bit, but very aware (especially with Glenn reminding me) that I am still recovering and shouldn't get too ambitious.

Thanks everyone for your support and help throughout this--especially last week!

Tondalea

1 comment:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! (I'm doing a happy dance for you:) Also, this is Kristyn--not Dave. But he'd probably do a happy dance too...

    ReplyDelete