Well, it has been a while since updating the status here on the blog. Things have been moving along pretty well. We were all thrilled that the genetic testing came back negative, and happy to have things be "normal". My energy level has been pretty good, and I have been able to keep up with life pretty well. I go to have radiation everyday. The people are really nice, but it is a depressing sort of place to be...especially when people are returning because of a recurrance. I try not to dwell on that too much, and just assume that this will be my one ride on the cancer roller coaster.
Well, everything WAS going really well. The nurses and doctor all told me when I started this process that week three is where things really hit as far as the exhaustion and side effects are concerned. Wow, they know their stuff! I feel like I have been hit by a BIG TRUCK. Before I was tired, now I know what they really mean by exhaustion. It is almost like every muscle in my body is completely used up. It takes great effort just to keep my eyes open. Yesterday I was only awake about 7 hours total during the day. I guess now is the time to re-assess and start accepting the help that has been offered all along. Glenn and I talked last night about this. Really things have been going so well, a couple months of being tired and not being able to do everything I want to isn't the end of the world. We are just going to have to prioritize and maybe lower our standards a bit :)
So, just a fair warning...it looks like I am going to be a slug for at least the next month.
Anyone out their just LOVE to plan birthday parties? The things we worry about most as moms...it isn't all of the major responsibilities that a mother takes care of that bug me...it is that I have two really darling little girls that have waited all year for THEIR day...and I don't seem to have the energy to make it magical for them. We will make do, I am sure.
Thanks to all of you for your love and support along the way!
Tondalea
I could send you a party kit, with all the decorations, and games, etc... do you know what theme you would like them to each have??? Also, i know this guy... he has an amazing talent for gift shopping on line, and getting super fast delivery.... Glenn something... :D
ReplyDeleteHow are all the midgets!? i need to call and annoy them again, it is always fun to call and speak to each one of them... such individuals, and kiki loves every one of them.
An extra line to tell you, you are my superhero... and with any luck, your cape is bedazzled by now !!! I miss and love you my sweet friend. Please feel my hand holding yours and my head next to you while we laugh and tell the cancer it doesn't stand a chance!!!! Thank you for being tough and fighting hard... i couldn't manage in this world, if you weren't somewhere in it! <3
Christie
Magical party. This remarkable mother is alive to enjoy this celebrate life for her, Meagan and Ari. Queen and Princesses for a day Party combined with a This is your life format. Each having their own turn under the arch. Each child is responsible for gathering Utube, flash drive, written, form filled out, or phone interviews from family and friends sharing memories of each of the three. Children will gather and learn from each of these. Help
ReplyDeleteTemple pictures all around the room reminding
Arch refrigerator box cut designed by Liam and decorated by Ari/Meagan Help 1
Thrift store for formals girls Help 2
Lydia, Glen or young women make DVD of pictures of Tondalea, Meagan, Ari throughout lifetime---with music. Help 3
Kate and Young women or sisters can create a mini appetizer table fit for queens and princesses Help 4
ReplyDeleteCrowns from burger king glittered or tiarra from Thrift store.
Tondalea, You are such a treasure. Even during this,one of your most trying challenges, you are inspiring, educating, loving those in your life.
Your compassion, fortitude, wisdom, balance, standards, spirituality, self confidence and vision are gifts you give to all of us. I would like your children to see you as we see you---this would be a remarkable experience for them to plan a party to celebrate you and your relation and life with them. You have raised them well. I'm sure they can combine the many talents you have given them to plan this party which will be one of the most meaningful of a lifetime. Just need a little adult female help to keep it moving along.
Sent 2 previous posts. Having difficulty in the select a profile portion--Anonymous is the only one which will let me send. Don't mind being known. I love you dear. Let that eyelid close. Kathilyn
ReplyDeleteReoccurance does blast in the face of Let's get this over with! And its tough to oxidize the "C" away with exercise when muscles are all sleeping. It's such a humbling thing to accept help when you are a rapid non stop giver and doer. How we value our health and one more day!!! I'm glad you are being nice to you and calling the troops in. Kathilyn
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI just saw your post about updating the blog. I'm sorry you are so tired. I'm renewing my offer to bring a meal. It's just one thing less to worry about. And I'm sure Kiara would love to help me plan a b-day party for Meagan and Ari. What's not to like about little girls parties? Give me a call and we can talk.