Sunday, July 24, 2011

One more week! Actually, I should write it "onemoreweek".

Well, I am sitting here trying to pull myself together to make it "onemoreweek" with radiation.  The reason it is one word is that when I am feeling overwhelmed, tired, hurting, etc I just mumble it to myself.  It rolls off the tongue, through gritted teeth, with a sigh. I can do ANYTHING for one more week.

To be honest, I think I have been "white knuckling" it since they said the word "biopsy"-four long months ago.  I am a little bit terrified that when that last radiation appointment is done I am going to melt into a little puddle and be a worthless mess.  I was thinking that I need to come up with some sort of celebration so I have a reason to not fall apart.  Suggestions???

Really, things aren't all that bad.  Slug life just doesn't suit me that well.  I really like to be DOING things.  I like to have a clean house, clean laundry, and bills that are paid on time.  And, even though I really don't like cooking at all, there is a level of satisfaction that comes with actually having the energy to prepare, serve and clean up after a meal--one that doesn't include frozen waffles or paper plates.  Someday I will get back there--today I am just grateful for frozen waffles and paper plates.

It sounds like friends from church will be bringing some meals and inviting my kids for play dates this week.  Thank you ALL in advance!  It makes me think I will actually make it through this. 

So, here we go!  Onemoreweek...

3 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! And one more week! You should definitely go out and celebrate this weekend-you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're so close! This is so exciting, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. onemoreweek.. :D i love you Tondalea Downer!

    you are very ready to be done i'm sure! I think your celebration should include some time off, where you are coherent enough to enjoy it! All those things should be done .. you are right! but they should be done by your family, when you aren't well. And there is no reason for you to need to worry about it, unless it's motivational..?

    Any way.. YOU CAN DO THIS! I KNOW OU CAN... i'm attempting supportive vibe telepathy.......


    >

    >

    >

    is it working? lol... mwah! and a very long hug. sleep well and enjoy good dreams.

    ReplyDelete